Brooklands Radio Supports The Cool Activity Zone Project
PRESS RELEASE 4th September 2014
Cool Activity Zone (Walton) - empowering peopleAn exciting new 'not for profit' project aimed at teenagers and other age groups to provide a range of physical and creative activities in the centre of Walton. Accessible for people with disabilities.
This project aims to:
- promote an active & healthy lifestyle
- improve the quality of life of individuals & communities, promote social inclusion, raise self-esteem & confidence and widen horizons
- promote the identification of natural talents and skills to reveal individual competencies and group identity
- provide a supportive/alternative environment promoting fun & enjoyment, creating wider social networks, social cohesion and opportunities to form new friendship groups
- create strong community networks and greater integration/cross organisation working (drawing the community together)
- provide job opportunities/training & support and career development
- deliver a mentoring programme to empower individuals
We need help to get this unique project up and running.
Can YOU help? - through giving your time, expertise and enthusiasm.
We need organisers, someone with a legal background, teenagers, parents of teenagers, housewives, people in community groups - EVERYONE!
Phone Dick Moore on 020-8224-2061 or email Cool Activity Zone
Dick is available for interview and/or follow-up
20 Buckingham Gardens
Surrey KT8 1TH
See Cool Activity Zone website for more details.